A unique Acceleration & Incubation Programme
The frontierCities2 - Another Level of Impact Accelerator (fC2) builds on the powerful basis of the first edition of the frontierCities Accelerator (2014-2016), which created an exceptional geographical reach including 28 SMEs and start-ups developing and trialling 28 smart mobility solutions in 45+ city environments across Europe.
frontierCities disbursed EUR 3.92 million in grant funding to address mobility issues in cities, through a streamlined two-step application process which attracted 594 Step 1 and 207 Step 2 applications respectively, and in addition provided technical and business support to the selected solutions.
frontierCities2 represents a quantum leap in the scope, ambition and service of the Acceleration & Incubation process of FIWARE SMEs and Start-ups. It provides EUR 1.6 million in grant funding across two Open Call strands (Market Acceleration Grants, Development & Acceleration Grants), further developing the range of available FIWARE-enabled smart mobility solutions, while broadening into other Smart Cities areas.
Value proposition to the fC2 Grantees
- Grant funding
- FIWARE & technical support
- Incubation & Acceleration services
- Third-Party Financing & Partnerships Acceleration
- Media promotion
- 20-30 Grantees
- 100+cities trialling or deploying FIWARE-enabled solutions
- 60+ FIWARE-enabled solutions deployed
- 150 FIWARE deployment instances in Cities and Local Authorities instances
- 15-20 Corporate Partnerships signed
- EUR 5 million in new and third party financing and investment